Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Celebrating Thanksgiving, African & American Style

This year Thanksgiving will be different. My Mother passed away last week and it's hard to be merry and cry at the same time. People have suggested to celebrate her instead of mourning her. So I will remember the positive traits and life with her. She had a great sense of humor! Clothing was huge for her because she used to sew and sold African Clothing and Fabrics. I did not know I will be in the same business too in the United States. My background is in banking and as a former Branch Manager, I did not expect to be in African Clothing business too. It's a great transformation that I have never expected, neither do I regret it, at least I am running my own race and I embrace the rewards and challenges. This is how I grow, and as African & American, it's nice to have options, love where you are in life and give back, especially to strangers you will never see again. Touch one life and make a difference in someone else's life. This is my Thanksgiving.  http://www.africanclothes22.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment